Valentine’s Day Weekend in Reno Tahoe
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and if you haven’t quite planned something special for your Valentine, Reno Tahoe has plenty of events going on to make this Valentine’s Day weekend unique and unforgettable.
Dance the Night Away
- Get a Little Country – Grab your valentine or gather your friends for a night of line dancing and two-stepping to your favorite country songs. Every Thursday through Saturday night starting at 10 p.m., the Grand Sierra Resort clears out the tables and makes room for boot wearing country music fans. Gilley’s Saloon at the Nugget Casino Resort offers free line dancing lessons every Wednesday through Sunday nights.
- Salsa Dancing – All the way from Puerto Rico, and for the first time in Reno, Salsa music star Charlie Cruz will be performing with Orquesta Taino and group Tierra Tropical. Enjoy a night of Latin dancing and love, February 14 at Mambo’s Night Club.
- Footloose – The four-time Tony Award nominee “Footloose” is dancing its way to the Eldorado Resort Casino, January 19 through April 17. Buy your tickets at the Eldorado Website or call 1-800-648-5966.
See the Stars
- DisMANtled – Watch comedians Justin Rupple (CBS, FX), Joe Dosch (NBC, Comedy Store), Mitcz Marzoni (HBO, Bravo) and Alex Mandelberg (AMC, TNT) perform their unique and hilarious acts while answering your anonymous, un-screened questions about the male mind. The show runs February 11 – 14 at various times. Advance tickets are $15 and $18 the day of the show. Visit the Reno Tahoe Comedy website for more information.
- JJ Lin – Singaporean singer, songwriter, record producer and actor, JJ Lin, will be performing at the Reno Events Center February 14 at 8 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the Reno Events Center Box office or through Ticketmaster.
- Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr – Watch America’s Got Talent Winner on February 14 at the Nugget Casino Resort in Reno. Tickets are $49 and can be purchased on the Nugget Website.
- Jonny Lang – Watch Jonny Lang perform inside the MontBleu Resort Casino Showroom on Saturday, February 13 at 7 p.m. For more information visit the Tahoe South Website.
- Grand Funk Railroad – Catch the American blues rock band at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe South Shore Room on February 13. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster.
- Sip and Paint – Every couple will have a great time creating paintings and enjoying a glass of their favorite beverage with special Date Night classes. Picasso and Wine offers two locations, one in the heart of Midtown and one in south Reno at the Summit Mall. Pinot’s Palette has a large, yet comfy, space to hold a large group of art lovers at their northwest Reno location. Crafted Palette is the area’s newest paint and sip venue and holds classes in downtown Reno. If that wasn’t enough, you can also check out The Painted Vine located in Truckee.
- Dash Through the Snow – Now is the perfect time to take a sleigh ride with your loved one. Experience nature’s beauty with amazing views of Lake Tahoe. Visit the Borges Sleigh Ride Website to plan your ride.
- Ice Skating- Create special memories as you skate hand-in-hand. Between downtown Reno’s ice skating rink at the Aces Ballpark and several skate options in both North and South Lake Tahoe, your winter wonderland is right around the corner. Find the perfect spot on our ice skating page.
- Walk on the Wild Side- Weather permitting, Animal Ark will be open during President’s Day weekend. Bundle up and meet the beautiful residents of the wildlife sanctuary.
Source: VisitRenoTahoe.com Blog – https://www.visitrenotahoe.com/blog/