Unlock A New Adventure In North Lake Tahoe’s Mountains
Summer in North Lake Tahoe is like nowhere else. Here, you’ll find breathtaking beauty, groovy music, delectable dining, and dozens of other awesome adventures around every corner. Even better? When you make one of North Lake Tahoe’s resorts your homebase, all of the fun is literally right at your doorstep.
Whether you’re with your family, a group of friends, or going it alone, a new adventure is always around the corner in North Lake Tahoe. Check out our guide to some of our favorite experiences in the region, then chart your own adventure with our interactive map.
Make Memories at Northstar California
Fine-dining, delicious drinks and spectacular shopping are just some of the perks you’ll experience during a visit to Northstar California. Photo courtesy of Ryan Salm.
Situated beautifully in the Sierra Nevada and home to entertainment, dining and lodging options for just about any kind of group, one of the many things that makes Northstar California so special is the sheer variety you’ll experience during your visit. This is especially apparent when you take a stroll through the The Village—which, surrounded by the beauty of nature and filled-to-the-brim with shops, restaurants and other amenities, will give you exactly what you’re looking for in the blink of eye.
Make a Day Of It:
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast or brunch at restaurants like The Log Cabin Café, Marty’s Café, Tacos Jalisco, or Inxpot.
- Enjoy a post-meal workout by hitting one of Northstar California’s nearby summer-friendly hiking trails, or work your backswing at the Northstar Golf Course.
- Experience the mountain on two wheels at Northstar’s exceptional Bike Park
- After an afternoon of exercise, fill up with bites and sips from establishments like 6333 Tavern, TC’s Pub, Rink Bar, or the Cabana Bar.
- Spend the evening souvenir shopping at The Village.
- Experience Tahoe’s magical night skies with a Tahoe Star Tours experience.
- Following a full day of activities, rest your head at Northstar California resort or the Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe.
Soak Up the Fun at Squaw Valley
With music, a vibrant local community, mini-golf and plenty of other opportunities for fun, Squaw Valley is perfect for thrill-seekers of any age. Photo Courtesy of Silent A photography.
Year-round events, a vast property and well-renowned amenities have made a name for Squaw | Alpine and its surrounding community. Home to a village where shopping, dining and lodging are easily accessible—as well as an “elevating” experience in High Camp—Squaw | Alpine is all about bringing the raising the bar for enjoyment, and doing it in style.
Make a Day Of It:
- Without a doubt, High Camp is where you’ll want to be at Squaw Alpine this summer. Plan your visit to this community around this exciting centerpiece, whose giant pools and soothing hot tubs offer a special view of the resort’s mountaintops.
- To get there, start your journey with a scenic lift on the aerial tram. Be sure to bring your camera for one-of-a-kind panoramic views of the region.
- If visiting on Friday, you’ll want to catch High Camp’s poolside music series.
- Once you’re done with your High Camp soak and swim, fill your belly at Squaw Alpine establishments like the nearby Poolside Grill, Auld Dubliner Irish Pub and Restaurant, or the Fireside Pizza Company.
- Don’t miss Bluesdays each Tuesday at Squaw Alpine. This popular outdoor music series brings famed blues performers to the region together with great food and flowing brews.
- Take the stress out of accommodations by staying on-site—and enjoying one of the luxurious resort’s lodging specials.
Hit Up High Altitude Adventure in Homewood
Famed for its snowy terrain in the winter, Homewood is also the perfect summer mountain destination for the actively-inclined, with unfettered Lake Tahoe views to boot. Photo courtesy of Homewood Mountain Resort.
Pack a lunch, lots of water and snacks, and get ready for some high-octane exploration. With endless hiking and biking trails that offer a beautiful view of North Lake Tahoe’s glittering expanse from the peak of the Sierra, Homewood makes for the perfect HQ for anyone whose top priority for a day in Tahoe is breaking a sweat.
Make a Day Of It:
- Before you start your adventure, take some time to research Homewood’s summer-friendly hiking and cycling trails.
- On your way to hit the trails, take a moment to stock up on supplies (like snacks, water, sunscreen and other goods) at Obexxer’s General Store, or New Moon Natural Foods.
- Spend a few hours exploring the region’s trails, and don’t forget to take a breathtaking snap of the local flora and fauna.
- When you’re done with your outdoor excursion, grab a bite from the West Shore Café, Chambers Landing Restaurant & Bar, or Swiss Lakewood.
- When you’re all done, rest up and get some much-needed rest at the West Shore Cafe & Inn.
Find Inner Peace in Incline Village
Home to Diamond Peak Resort, Incline Village offers breathtaking mountainside experiences and a luxuriously cozy, homey feel. Photo courtesy of Ryan Salm.
While Diamond Peak is generally closed for the season, its surrounding community in Incline Village is very much thriving—and worth a visit. Whether you’re looking for some of the best bites in the region, beautiful hikes, or the perfect picnic spot, Incline Village is a place you won’t want to miss. In fact, the region has become a particularly beloved spot for nature-lovers and big personalities alike, who are attracted to Incline Village’s beauty and laid-back pace.
Make a Day Of It:
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast or brunch along Tahoe Boulevard, where you’ll find both quick-and-easy bites and sit-down dining at places like the Wildflower Café, Tunnel Creek Café and Barjay’s Gourmet Diner.
- Next, soothe your mind and body at any of Incline Village’s yoga studios or day spas. Ivy Studios is a great option for would-be yogis, while Aloha Spa and Stillwater are classic local spa staples.
- Continue your relaxed day by prepping for a picnic. You can collect supplies from Raley’s, Village Market or Nuestro Sueno—then hit the Diamond Peak Resort Trail, where you can find a spot to enjoy your snacks and take in the view.
- If you’d rather enjoy a round of golf, the Incline Mountain Golf course is the perfect addition to a day of “active rest”.
- Incline Village is home to a number of lodging options available in Incline Village year-round, with many offering great deals on mid-week stays.
As you can see, the possibilities for fun, excitement and memory-making in North Lake Tahoe are endless. Why not book your stay today—and get ready for the mountainside summer adventure of your life?
The post Unlock A New Adventure In North Lake Tahoe’s Mountains appeared first on Go Tahoe North.
Source: North Lake Tahoe Chamber – http://www.gotahoenorth.com