Ski Resort Season Extensions and Spring Deals in North Tahoe
#snowpocalypse, #januburied, and #snowmaggedon…
With hashtags like these, it’s clear that the 2016-17 winter season in North Lake Tahoe has been nothing short of legendary. After months of continuous storms covered our resorts with ski film-worthy powder (over 700” in some places!), it’s no surprise that new words needed to be invented just to describe this above average winter and the stoke that came along with it.
North Tahoe ski resorts have stayed busy this year, and even though Miracle March is coming to an end, they’re not slowing down. The incredible snowpack means that many resorts are pushing back their closing dates and offering spring pass deals, giving skiers and snowboarders every reason to spend their days off soaking up the sun on the mountain.
The twelve resorts that line North Tahoe all have their own exciting announcements for the end of this season and the anticipation of next. Learn more below!
*The dates and deals below are as of March 28, 2017, and are subject to change.
- With a reported 672” of snow so far for the season, Boreal Mountain Resort will remain open until April 23. Keep up with the resort on social media for any spring season pass announcements.
- Celebrating their 50th anniversary this year, Diamond Peak Ski Resort will be running its lifts until April 23. Season passes for the 2017-18 season are now on sale and include spring 2017 access with early-bird rates available through April 30!
- Get incredible lake views at Homewood Mountain Resort until April 16. For those without a pass, purchase a 2017-18 season pass and ski free for the rest of this year!
- For beginner and intermediate skiers, Granlibakken Ski and Snowboard Hill will be open until April 17 with operations on the weekends of April 8 & 9, and April 15,16, & 17.
- With over 700” of snow this season, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe will be open until Memorial Day – May 29! Mid-week season pass holders will be able to ski on the weekends during the month of May, and those interested in next season’s pass can purchase now and ski the rest of spring.
- It’s been an epic winter for Northstar California, which is why they’ve extended their season to April 23. From now until April 9, if you purchase the 2017-18 pass you’ll receive six additional buddy tickets.
- North America’s largest cross-country skiing resort, Royal Gorge will remain open until April 16. While there, grab your 2017-18 season pass and slide free the rest of this spring.
- Over 6,000 acres were covered in 450”+ of snow this season at Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows, which is why they’ll be skiing into June plus July 4th! To experience summer skiing at its finest, purchase the 2017-18 season pass to ski free this spring with the lowest prices available before April 18.
- Currently the snowiest place in Tahoe with over 700” this season, Sugar Bowl will be ripping runs until April 23. For more snow and less crowds, grab the 2017-18 and ski free the rest of the season.
- Longer days and great weather will keep Tahoe Donner Downhill and Tahoe Donner Cross Country open until April 16. Purchase either pass by April 30 and lock in access to your chosen ski area for the remainder of this year.
- Enjoy the warm weather and get in a workout at Tahoe XC until April 15 when the lodge closes. Depending on conditions, trails may be maintained afterward, but either way, you can lock in skiing for the rest of this season with the purchase of the 2017-18 pass.
Looking for some more spring skiing inspiration? These pictures have all been taken within the last week at North Tahoe resorts, it’s time to come and get it!
For more pictures and news about snow, resorts, and spring happenings follow GoTahoeNorth on Instagram!
The post Ski Resort Season Extensions and Spring Deals in North Tahoe appeared first on Go Tahoe North.
Source: North Lake Tahoe Chamber – http://www.gotahoenorth.com