Reno Tahoe Resolutions for 2016
While making out your list of resolutions for 2016, make sure to include a few that help you get the most out of Reno Tahoe. With so much to do and see in the area, chances are you haven’t experienced it all just yet. Try something new or simply vow to take advantage of all that we have to offer. This is one list you won’t have to struggle to accomplish!
Face Your Fears
Heights not your thing? What if the reward was greater than the feat itself?
- Whitney Peak Hotel is home to the world’s tallest climbing wall, allowing you to climb right above Reno’s most iconic landmark-the Reno Arch. Practice your climbing skills on smaller rock walls inside Basecamp to feel confident in your ability to conquer the big one!
- Open year round, Tahoe City and Squaw Valley offer treetop activities. Climb, zip line and cross wobbly bridges for good team building exercises or just for fun!
- If you’re looking for that once-in-a-lifetime thrill, check into a hot-air balloon ride. There are several companies offering balloon rides throughout the year, or you can fly among 90+ other balloons at The Great Reno Balloon Race in September!
Train for the Finish Line
Nowadays, people are crazy about marathons, fun runs, triathlons- you name it! And what’s not to love? Get in shape and feel proud that you reached that finish line. A few great events to check out in 2016:
- Tough Mudder puts camaraderie above finishing rankings which means that the only thing you have to beat is your mental limitation. Enroll today for June 11 & 12, 2016.
- The Reno Tahoe Odyssey is a way to compete while seeing the beauty of our area. Get your team together to take on the 178-mile course June 3-4, 2016.
- The Lake Tahoe Marathon provides over 20 events for everyone in the family with beautiful courses on October 6-9, 2016.
Get a Hobby
Life gets busy, and sometimes we forget to treat ourselves to the things that take our mind off of everything else. Make 2016 a year to find that new passion you’ve been meaning to discover.
- Combining surfing and kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding is growing in popularity, and Tahoe is the perfect spot to get into it. See where you can begin your SUP journey today.
- The art scene in this area has blown up and there are so many ways to experience it. Take a stroll with the Art Walk on the first Thursday of each month or keep your eyes peeled for a class that tickles your fancy through Arts4Nevada.
- How about a hobby that’s fun and tasty? Homebrewing takes skill (and lots of patience) and yields delicious results. Get started with Reno Homebrewer for advice and equipment and check out all of the great local breweries to get those creative juices flowing!
Take It Outside
Sometimes all we need to lift our spirits is a little more exposure to nature and we are lucky to be surrounded by areas that give the seclusion we crave.
- If you haven’t hiked out here in the summer and fall months, you’re missing out. Both Reno and Tahoe have beautiful hiking trails for both short distances and challenging climbs.
- Mountain biking is another great way to see the sights. America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride offers just that, on a 100-mile trail in June. If you like tasty, local food to accompany your bike ride, check out Edible Pedal. You’ll enjoy a 100-mile bike ride with stops to try a sampling of food from local companies.
- With January representing “Learn to Ski & Snowboard” month, you have extra encouragement to finally get on the slopes. Check out each of the resorts to find the perfect place to rekindle your love for winter.
Source: VisitRenoTahoe.com Blog – https://www.visitrenotahoe.com/blog/